Here’s the Cliff’s Notes version of our Acceptable Use Policy and some other important stuff you should probably read:
Some basic (and pretty obvious) no-no’s when flikking:
- Nothing you would be ashamed of your grandmother seeing or hearing.
- Absolutely no porn, no nudity, no swearing, noting incriminating to you or anyone else, no animal cruelty, etc – we have a zero tolerance policy on these – your account will be deactivated immediately if you violate these.
- We want to avoid “video reviews” of people just talking. As good looking as you all are and as much as we know the rest of the world really does want to see what you look like, we want to see what YOU SEE through YOUR eyes (so show us what it is you’re talking about, instead of you just recording your pretty face).
Some other important stuff:
- You must be at least 18 years old to use join and use flik.
- Be nice and respectful of others! We’re all friends here, right?
- Show us different angles of the thing you’re flikking. If you watch your flik with the sound off and it kind of looks like a picture, delete that one and re-record while showing some movement and action. Your friends will be grateful to watch interesting stuff!
We acknowledge “flikking” can be a little awkward at first, especially hearing your own voice on video (trust us, everyone says they hate the sound of their own voice)! The same way we had to learn how to tweet in under 160 characters or update our Facebook status, we get to learn a new habit of flikking! It gets easier, we promise! After your first few, we’ve heard it actually gets addictive and you may start flikking everything in sight.
Also, there is no such thing as a dumb flik – if you have something you love, show us and tell us why you love it!